[Qgis-developer] Renaming SEXTANTE

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Sat Aug 10 03:42:31 PDT 2013

+1 from me too.

Personally I find the core plugin concept unnecessary. If it's core it
shouldn't be a plugin and should just be part of the main program.  It can
still be Python that is fine however users shouldn't have to turn them on
and off they should just be there and be transparent.

IMO we should aim to kill of all C++ core plugins in 2.1 and make them core
features.Things like the geometry checking, spatial join, georeferencer
should all be core features and have C++ and Python APIs that the user can
use.

- Nathan