[Qgis-developer] Call for fixes: French and South Africans, raise up

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Fri Aug 30 01:52:22 PDT 2013

Hi

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 12:39 PM, Jürgen E. <jef at norbit.de> wrote:

> Hi Frank,
>
> On Mon, 26. Aug 2013 at 11:18:50 +0200, Frank Sokolic wrote:
> > For the problem with South African CRSs, is this not a simple fix, i.e.
>  edit
> > the proj4 parameters in the srs.db file to remove the +axis=wsu  options
> from
> > all the Lo CRSs? If so, does anyone know how to do it?
>
> How isn't the problem (that should be a simple update statement).
>
> But is that a correct fix?    Are there more people annoyed by the current
> entry, than people relying on it?   Is the existing EPSG entry wrong?
>
> Could others from the southern hemisphere comment on that?  Tim?
>

> Basically I don't know who or how the Lo CRS's are being used by others in
the Southern Hemisphere. I think altering the original EPSG projections
should be done upstream if it is really an error. We (South Africans) could
probably whip up a simple plugin that 'corrects' the Lo parameters in the
locally installed QGIS srs.db until such time as the issue is resolved
upstream in EPSG's database.

Regards

Tim

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net