[Qgis-developer] Console API auto-completion prepared file (.pap)

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Aug 30 12:40:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

I've added generation of the console's API *.pap file for auto-completion
[0]. This allows to keep up with latest API bindings in an easier fashion:

make && make qsci-pap-src && make install
Generates the default .pap file (~1 MB) in source tree, which can take over
a minute.

make && make qsci-pap-master [&& make install]
Generates a local-only .pap that overrides the default .pap (when testing
new bindings). It will optionally be installed as well. Distributing such
an install, like for custom console API completions, will always override
the default .pap.

You can edit run the <src>/python/qsci_apis/generate_console_pap.py script
directly to produce custom .pap files.

Please let me know if you can think of a better solution.

Default .pap includes the following APIs (unchanged from before):

PyQGIS.api
Python-2.7.api
PyQt4-4.7.4.api
OSGeo_GDAL-OGR-1.9.1.api

Should GDAL-OGR-1.9.1 be updated to 1.10 for QGIS 2.0 release?

[0] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/dc462859

Regards,

Larry