[Qgis-developer] Console API auto-completion prepared file (.pap)

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 13:52:40 PDT 2013

Hi Larry,

2013/8/30 Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>

> Hi,
>
> I've added generation of the console's API *.pap file for auto-completion
> [0]. This allows to keep up with latest API bindings in an easier fashion:
>
> make && make qsci-pap-src && make install
> Generates the default .pap file (~1 MB) in source tree, which can take
> over a minute.
>
> make && make qsci-pap-master [&& make install]
> Generates a local-only .pap that overrides the default .pap (when testing
> new bindings). It will optionally be installed as well. Distributing such
> an install, like for custom console API completions, will always override
> the default .pap.
>
> You can edit run the <src>/python/qsci_apis/generate_console_pap.py script
> directly to produce custom .pap files.
>
> Please let me know if you can think of a better solution.

I think this is a good solution, I was going to push the updated APIs files
generated by myself. Thanks.

> Default .pap includes the following APIs (unchanged from before):
>
> PyQGIS.api
> Python-2.7.api
> PyQt4-4.7.4.api
> OSGeo_GDAL-OGR-1.9.1.api
>
> Should GDAL-OGR-1.9.1 be updated to 1.10 for QGIS 2.0 release?

I would like update to the 1.10.0 version and add the GEOS-3.4.2, I have
prepared those api files so if there are not objections here I could push
they to master in order to add the new APIs to the pyqgis.pap file.

I am going to test your cool commit....:-)

Thanks a lot!

Best Regards,

-SL

> [0] https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/commit/dc462859