[Qgis-developer] Console API auto-completion prepared file (.pap)

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Fri Aug 30 15:52:24 PDT 2013

Hi Salvatore,

On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi Larry,
>
> 2013/8/30 Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I've added generation of the console's API *.pap file for auto-completion
>> [0]. This allows to keep up with latest API bindings in an easier fashion:
>>
>> make && make qsci-pap-src && make install
>> Generates the default .pap file (~1 MB) in source tree, which can take
>> over a minute.
>>
>> make && make qsci-pap-master [&& make install]
>> Generates a local-only .pap that overrides the default .pap (when testing
>> new bindings). It will optionally be installed as well. Distributing such
>> an install, like for custom console API completions, will always override
>> the default .pap.
>>
>> You can edit run the <src>/python/qsci_apis/generate_console_pap.py
>> script directly to produce custom .pap files.
>>
>> Please let me know if you can think of a better solution.
>>

> I think this is a good solution, I was going to push the updated APIs
> files generated by myself. Thanks.
>

>> Default .pap includes the following APIs (unchanged from before):
>>
>> PyQGIS.api
>> Python-2.7.api
>> PyQt4-4.7.4.api
>> OSGeo_GDAL-OGR-1.9.1.api
>>
>> Should GDAL-OGR-1.9.1 be updated to 1.10 for QGIS 2.0 release?
>>

> I would like update to the 1.10.0 version and add the GEOS-3.4.2, I have
> prepared those api files so if there are not objections here I could push
> they to master in order to add the new APIs to the pyqgis.pap file.

Sounds good to me. I'm done mucking about with the setup, so please make
the changes you see fit. Looks like the default pyqgis.pap I committed is
missing the new 'qgis.core.NULL' attribute. Must of missed that somehow.
Shows up fine when making qsci-pap-master, though. Please test for its
completion tip in console before uploading another +1 MB .pap file (thanks).

Missing is the QScintilla2 API file, but I think that will just bloat the
default completions with items most users will not need. IMO, we should
keep the default .pap as slim as possible, for the same reasons, i.e. just
core PyQGIS, OSGeo and Python/PyQt modules. That is, until there is
on-the-fly object inspection support, which would auto-filter the results.

Regards,

Larry