[Qgis-developer] Console API auto-completion prepared file (.pap)

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 03:50:10 PDT 2013

Hi Larry,

2013/8/31 Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>

> Hi Salvatore,
>
> On Fri, Aug 30, 2013 at 2:52 PM, Salvatore Larosa <lrssvtml at gmail.com>wrote:
>
>> Hi Larry,
>>
>> 2013/8/30 Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I've added generation of the console's API *.pap file for
>>> auto-completion [0]. This allows to keep up with latest API bindings in an
>>> easier fashion:
>>>
>>> make && make qsci-pap-src && make install
>>> Generates the default .pap file (~1 MB) in source tree, which can take
>>> over a minute.
>>>
>>> make && make qsci-pap-master [&& make install]
>>> Generates a local-only .pap that overrides the default .pap (when
>>> testing new bindings). It will optionally be installed as well.
>>> Distributing such an install, like for custom console API completions, will
>>> always override the default .pap.
>>>
>>> You can edit run the <src>/python/qsci_apis/generate_console_pap.py
>>> script directly to produce custom .pap files.
>>>
>>> Please let me know if you can think of a better solution.
>>>

>> I think this is a good solution, I was going to push the updated APIs
>> files generated by myself. Thanks.
>>

>>> Default .pap includes the following APIs (unchanged from before):
>>>
>>> PyQGIS.api
>>> Python-2.7.api
>>> PyQt4-4.7.4.api
>>> OSGeo_GDAL-OGR-1.9.1.api
>>>
>>> Should GDAL-OGR-1.9.1 be updated to 1.10 for QGIS 2.0 release?
>>>

>> I would like update to the 1.10.0 version and add the GEOS-3.4.2, I have
>> prepared those api files so if there are not objections here I could push
>> they to master in order to add the new APIs to the pyqgis.pap file.
>>

> Sounds good to me. I'm done mucking about with the setup, so please make
> the changes you see fit. Looks like the default pyqgis.pap I committed is
> missing the new 'qgis.core.NULL' attribute. Must of missed that somehow.
> Shows up fine when making qsci-pap-master, though. Please test for its
> completion tip in console before uploading another +1 MB .pap file (thanks).

the pyqgis.pap file seems not to have the PyQGIS.api file, I done some
adjustment to the cmake file [0] in order to point the generates_api script
to the right directory. Please could you verify that it is working for you
as well?

> Missing is the QScintilla2 API file, but I think that will just bloat the
> default completions with items most users will not need. IMO, we should
> keep the default .pap as slim as possible, for the same reasons, i.e. just
> core PyQGIS, OSGeo and Python/PyQt modules. That is, until there is
> on-the-fly object inspection support, which would auto-filter the results.

ok, we can leave out the QScintilla APIs, but what about to add the updated
file (QScintilla-2.7.2) into qsci_apis dir ? or should we drop all the old
versions (GDAL-OGR-1.10 will replace GDAL-OGR-1.9.1 and so on) ?

Thanks,

-SL

[0] - https://gist.github.com/slarosa/6397516