[Qgis-developer] Console API auto-completion prepared file (.pap)

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 16:32:37 PDT 2013

Hi Larry,

2013/8/31 Larry Shaffer <larrys at dakotacarto.com>

> Hi Salvatore,
>
> Sorry to keep messing with this, but it was causing a build error. I
> reverted adding of qsci-pap-master target, leaving it similar to as before,
> excepting the convenience target of qsci-pap-src.
>
> WITH_QSCIAPI is now marked as advanced, to keep casual users from thinking
> they need to regenerate the .pap file as part of building.
>
> Here is why I think this is the simplest, most versatile solution:
>
> *Casual user/dev who compiles/installs QGIS*
> Everything works as before with the default pre-prepared pyqgis.pap in
> source tree used. No generation of .pap occurs. PyQGIS.api is still built
> by default and the target for qsci-pap-src is just created.
>
> *QGIS dev working on bindings*
> Making qsci-pap-src will update the default .pap in source tree, which
> will be used when running from build directory or install during binding
> testing. If the dev is ready to commit, the already-updated .pap includes
> the latest completions, and everyone benefits. We can use git to revert any
> fouled-up .pap that may make its way into the repo. This assumes the
> committing dev actually ran qsci-pap-src. If not, then any other dev can
> easily do so, updating their source tree, then commit the new default .pap.

this I was not clear in my previous email about the update in the source
tree, but now it does make much sense.

No idea for a better solution at the moment, I agree with your solution.
For now we can go ahead keeping your last commit, just after on Sept 1st.
we can think for a better solution (whether it there is) IMO.

Best Regards,

-SL

--
Salvatore Larosa