[Qgis-developer] atlas composer: print a specific feature - call for a developper

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 06:18:12 PST 2013

Hi all,

I work for a water supply service and we have a patchwork of maps all
over the network.
It is a common task to print -- after a modification -- a single
specific map, not the whole set.
This is why, the atlas generation is not really convenient: first, you
must find the id of the feature, create a filter in the atlas, update
the overview map if you have one, export to pdf, and finally print!

I would like to be able to print a feature directly.
1. Identify the feature to be printed  (could be an attribute action in
the layer)
2. the composer is shown with the corresponding extent.
3. but most important,  the feature would be given to the composer, so
it could be used in expressions (as it is used for atlas)

I wonder if this is easily achievable. I see this as an extension of the
atlas, as the layer as to be defined in the composer.

So, please tell me:
- if there's a workaround
- if the idea is not that good or if you have something else in mind
- if you're interested in developing such feature - this is funded

Cheers,

Denis