[Qgis-developer] atlas composer: print a specific feature - call for a developper

Hugo Mercier hugo.mercier at oslandia.com
Tue Dec 3 06:53:27 PST 2013

Hi Denis,

Le 03/12/2013 15:18, Denis Rouzaud a écrit :
> Hi all,
>
> I work for a water supply service and we have a patchwork of maps all
> over the network.
> It is a common task to print -- after a modification -- a single
> specific map, not the whole set.
> This is why, the atlas generation is not really convenient: first, you
> must find the id of the feature, create a filter in the atlas, update
> the overview map if you have one, export to pdf, and finally print!
>
> I would like to be able to print a feature directly.
> 1. Identify the feature to be printed  (could be an attribute action in
> the layer)
> 2. the composer is shown with the corresponding extent.
> 3. but most important,  the feature would be given to the composer, so
> it could be used in expressions (as it is used for atlas)

I am not sure to totally understand your third point.
I understand the need as being able to trigger atlas generation for a
particular feature, by direct selection on the layer (via an action as
you suggest or something similar), the composer would then prepare
everything for this particular feature.
Is it correct ?

> I wonder if this is easily achievable. I see this as an extension of the
> atlas, as the layer as to be defined in the composer.
>
> So, please tell me:
> - if there's a workaround
> - if the idea is not that good or if you have something else in mind
> - if you're interested in developing such feature - this is funded

There is no workaround I am aware of.
We can surely propose you to develop this feature. You can contact us by
pm (me and / or Vincent Picavet) for more details.

--
Hugo Mercier
Oslandia