[Qgis-developer] QGIS Multi-threaded Rendering

Nyall Dawson nyall.dawson at gmail.com
Thu Dec 12 12:19:52 PST 2013

On 12/12/2013 11:14 pm, "Martin Dobias" <wonder.sk at gmail.com> wrote:
.

> - update to scale factors. I have always found the "scale" and "raster
> scale" factors from QgsRenderContext confusing and did not properly
> understand their real meaning because in various contexts (composer vs
> canvas) they had different meaning and value. There were also various
> rendering bugs due to wrong or no usage of these factors. By scaling
> of painter before rendering and setup of correct DPI, these factors
> are now always equal to one. In the future, we will be able to remove
> them altogether.

Very excited to hear this - I'm glad I'm not the only one who found this
confusing!

I tested your branch last week and the improvements were dramatic. Thanks
for taking the effort to tackle this. Together with all the recent render
optimizations and Alvaro's work 2.2 will be a fantastic release...!

Nyall