[Qgis-developer] QT 5.2 is out

Denis Rouzaud denis.rouzaud at gmail.com
Fri Dec 13 01:13:06 PST 2013

Hi,
On 13. 12. 13 09:57, Martin Dobias wrote:
> Hi Luca
>
> On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 2:13 PM, Luca Manganelli <luca76 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as some of you have noticed, QT 5.2 is out. From release notes [1]:
>>
>> "I am proud to say that Qt 5.2 fully brings Qt into the mobile space as a
>> true player in the app development market supporting Android, iOS,
>> BlackBerry, Sailfish/Jolla and Ubuntu Mobile."
> Yeah, it would be great to see QGIS ported to Qt5. My hope is that
> QGIS 3.0 will use Qt5 and Python3.
>
>  From what I have read in Qt blogs, Qt 5.2 should really make
> development for Android easier than ever before.
Is there any guidance regarding this?
I mean, on one hand, I think users (plugins dev mainly) might be upset
if this change is happening so close to 2.0 release and on the other
hand we don't want to wait ten years for this to happen, especially if
this brings QGIS more easily on mobile device.
If QGIS 3 is brought as the "mobile" release, it might sweeten the pill.