[Qgis-developer] C++ plugins instructions

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Dec 29 18:58:25 PST 2013

Hi

On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 1:54 AM, mmekuria <sailmcm at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I have an issue that after upgrading my C++ plugins to 2.0.1, they do not
> show up in the 2.0 version of QGIS. Has the procedure for identifying and
> installing C++ plugins in QGIS 2.0+ changed?

Not to my knowledge

Can you file a ticket for this in http://hub.qgis.org

> I have asked this question more than three times and I have not heard a
> reply. May be it is the holidays, but I have been asking since October the
> same question. I looked and tried many ways, and I am still without an
> response.

Sorry about that. In general if you get no response to the mailing list, it
is a good idea to try to contact someone to help on IRC, or try to make
direct contact with a developer who is active in the same area that you are
working on. If you still can't get the help you need, you could also
consider asking one of the commercial consultants on this page:
http://qgis.org/en/site/forusers/commercial_support.html?highlight=commercial

> Is there a new instruction for plugin registration?

I don't believe there is a new procedure. It would be an extremely good
idea to look at one of the existing core c++ plugins (e.g. coordinate
capture plugin) and see if it is doing anything different in initialisation
to yours.

> Do we have a
> new policy to limit C++ plugins from users, a new unwritten policy to
> unplug
> C++ plugins?

Certainly not.

> Just wondering,

Regards

Tim

> -----
> Maaza Christos, PhD
> www.Axumcorp.com

Tim Sutton - QGIS Project Steering Committee Member

Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net