[Qgis-developer] new vector api select features

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Wed Feb 6 00:53:54 PST 2013

On 05-02-13 22:51, Martin Dobias wrote:
> Hi Richard
>
> On Tue, Feb 5, 2013 at 7:27 PM, Richard Duivenvoorde
> <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
>> Hi Devs,
>>
>> I used the following in a python plugin to select features:
>>
>> self.provider.select(self.provider.attributeIndexes(), mapCanvasExtent,
>> True, True)
>>
>> is there somewhere an example how to do this in the new api using
>>
>> QgsFeatureIterator QgsOgrProvider::getFeatures( const QgsFeatureRequest&
>> request )
>>
>> and python?

> I hope I haven't forgotten any important use case. If more examples
> are necessary, I will try to provide them. Please do not hesitate to
> ask if things are not clear yet.

Hi Martin,

THANKS! for this very thorough answer! I think it would be a pity to let
it rest here in the dev-list, we should put it somewhere in he
cookbook/wiki I think.

Bringing me to the question: how to handle the versioning in the
cookbook. As it is mostly your book (isn't it?) what do you prefer.
Leave current cookbook in 'manual_en_v1.8' branch as is, and REPLACE the
old vector select way in the 'master' branch?
Or should we write up both ways in one cookbook?

At the moment it seems to me that we are only building the manual_1.8_en
branch (on documentation.qgis.org) (I will discuss this in a next email).

And thanks for you vector work also!!

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde