[Qgis-developer] new vector api select features

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 01:18:57 PST 2013

On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
<rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
> THANKS! for this very thorough answer! I think it would be a pity to let it
> rest here in the dev-list, we should put it somewhere in he cookbook/wiki I
> think.
>
> Bringing me to the question: how to handle the versioning in the cookbook.
> As it is mostly your book (isn't it?) what do you prefer.
> Leave current cookbook in 'manual_en_v1.8' branch as is, and REPLACE the old
> vector select way in the 'master' branch?
> Or should we write up both ways in one cookbook?

It makes sense to branch 1.x cookbook off master and keep in master
only what is valid in 2.0 to avoid further confusion. Then we will
just need a second instance of the cookbook for online viewing. To
avoid breakage of links from other sites, cookbook for 1.x should stay
at the same URL and cookbook for 2.0 should get a new URL.

Martin