[Qgis-developer] Dual View: Call for feedback

Josef K groundwatergis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 7 14:05:19 PST 2013

Hi Matthias

I wanted to see how custom edit forms will be integrated with the dual
view, in particular a few forms that I use quite a lot (see [1] and [2]).
Therefore I tried to build qgis from your dual-view source but I must have
done something wrong. I got qgis running but when I load a vector layer I
get these warnings:
Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QgsVectorLayer::layerModified(
bool )
Warning: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'QgisApp')

When I try to open the attribute table an exception pop-up says "Syntax
error, unexpected $end". The terminal shows:
Warning: Object::connect: No such signal QgsAttributeTableView::progress(
int, bool & )
Warning: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'mTableView')
Warning: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'QgsAttributeTableDialog')
Warning: Object::connect: No such slot QgsAttributeTableDialog::finished()
Warning: Object::connect:  (sender name:   'mTableView')
Warning: Object::connect:  (receiver name: 'QgsAttributeTableDialog')
Warning: QLayout: Cannot add null widget to
QVBoxLayout/mAttributeEditorLayout

I guess this is my fault not being able to build correctly from source and
I will probably not spend more time trying. Still, I thought I would give
you this short report and also point out that we are a few users that are
highly interested in how the dual view will integrate with custom edit
forms. Perhaps there could be an extra slide in your presentation that
gives an example of that?

kind regards
Josef

[1]