[Qgis-developer] new geom function: combine cascaded

vinayan vinayan123 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 10 07:25:29 PST 2013

Hi,

Sorry for jumping in on this old thread. Wouldn't it be a really useful
addition to QgsGeometry class? The current union is extremely slow when
large number of geometries are processed. I also think this could be the
real issue in slow dissolve in ftools.

I recently used this on my plugin. Roughly it is around 10 times faster then
normal union. I hope we can introduce a new union method without breaking
the existing union.

Thanks
Vinayan