[Qgis-developer] Several errors

Sanghee Shin endofcap at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 21:44:43 PST 2013

Dear all,

OSGeo Korean chapter carried out a 5 day open source GIS training program including 1.5 day QGIS training several days ago.

During training, I found several errors &  like follows.

1. Plugin installation failure occurred when user account name is in Korean. With Korean user account name, we couldn't install any plugin. If user account name is in English, that's ok.

2. In GDAL Georeferencer plugin, if output raster file path includes Korean path name and then this pop up the info window showing "Failed to compute GCP transformation: Transform is not solvable" If file path is in English, that's also ok.

3. QGIS Master version stil doesn't reflect the current EPSG info, that is very essential to Korean QGIS users. So, Korean users had to update the qgis.db & srs.db manually during the training. Actually I raised this issue and opened a ticket around 2 month ago. http://hub.qgis.org/issues/6820 However nothing updated so far. As far as I know crssync should sync with GDAL automatically during installation, however it seems not to work. Is it a bug of crssync?

We used QGIS master version released in January mainly on Windows and Mac, Ubuntu.

regards,

Sanghee