[Qgis-developer] Parallel Development

Benjamin Adcock badcock2 at student.gsu.edu
Thu Feb 14 07:30:33 PST 2013

Hi all,

I am a graduate student looking to contribute to QGIS.  Specifically, I am looking to tackle a project that requires parallel computing techniques.

I'm somewhat new here; from reading the archives it looks like there is multithreading support in QGIS, maybe some support for OpenCL, but it doesn't look like much has been done with it.

Frankly, I don't know where to start.  If someone could point me in the right direction, or if they have any insight into parts of the codebase that could benefit from parallelization, I'd appreciate it.

Ben Adcock