[Qgis-developer] new splash screen for upcoming 2.0 ?

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Sun Feb 24 03:29:20 PST 2013

On 02/24/2013 12:16 PM, Andre Joost wrote:
> So I guess you want this:
>
> http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Datei:Essen_Braun-Hogenberg.jpg
>
> License should be free, I guess.

Well - we've been in Hannover, Vienna, Pisa, Zürich and Essen without
naming the release after the town..
And by the way there will be a new release there will be Valmiera among
them ..
So we have plenty of choices ;) ..
It seems that either we should release more often or meet less often *gg*
No, just a joke ..
But I think there is no policy about which place to choose .. so will we
always take the name of the latest hackfest town?

I think for 2.0 we should really think about it ..
(personally I would vote for Zürich because swizerland it very active in
using QGIS an promoting it)

But what is the release plan anyway? Is there already a date - or shall
we discuss in Valmiera?

kind regards
Werner