[Qgis-developer] Download stats

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Sun Feb 24 04:27:18 PST 2013

Hi

For the InaSAFE plugin upcoming release I have implemented a sentry[1]
client that pushes all tracebacks to [2]. Its totally opt in via the
options dialog and it allows us to gather useful metrics about where
and how often certain exceptions are raised. Of course its python only
but it would be great to provide the same functionality from within
QGIS directly (see code at [3]).

Regards

Tim

[1] https://github.com/dcramer/django-sentry
[2] http://sentry.linfiniti.com/inasafe-desktop/
[3] https://github.com/AIFDR/inasafe/blob/master/safe_qgis/utilities.py#L795

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 3:02 PM, Régis Haubourg
<regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr> wrote:
> Andreas Neumann wrote
>> It is hard to build trust, but easy to loose trust.
>>
>> Of course I would also be curious about the stats ;-)
>>
>> Andreas
>
> I totally agree with Andreas. Open Source drains people who like freedom. We
> take a risk of loosing some trust with collecting stats.
> If dev's agree that a crash reporter is important, could we start another
> thread to have a more precise idea of what we need? (crash, but maybe also
> python error execution)
> I'd be happy to help funding this, since I think 2.0 will require an
> important testing effort to reach a stable state. If you want me t help on
> that, help me to write some specs ;-)
>
> Cheers
> Régis

 * QGIS programming and support services