[Qgis-developer] new splash screen for upcoming 2.0 ?

Andre Joost andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de
Mon Feb 25 21:23:33 PST 2013

Bernasocchi<marco-mKcFXjbjhoaovDFt+AQlJe1GAupnlqi7 at public.gmane.org>

 >> hi all, I like a lot the splash from Salvatore, it looks kind of
"sexyer"
 >> than the rounded one.
 >> could we use that with an old map?
 >>
 > Thanks, I done a new one with the old map suggested from Andre Joost !
 > You can look at it here:
http://lrssvt.ns0.it/img/splash_oldmap_shadow.png

Thanks for using my idea. I had the same intention, and accidentially
saw that you used a quiet new (openstreet)map of Essen already in your
first try ;-)

For your new proposal, I would prefer to see the main text away from the
interesting parts of the picture, for example more to the bottom.

Greetings,
André Joost