[Qgis-developer] new splash screen for upcoming 2.0 ?

Salvatore Larosa lrssvtml at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 02:32:30 PST 2013

Hi Anita,

2013/2/26 Anita Graser <anitagraser at gmx.at>

> Hi,
>
> I agree with Larry's assessment that the color feels out of touch with
> modern style unfortunately.
> On the other hand, I really like the squared corners as I've already
> written in an answer to http://hub.qgis.org/issues/7211.

Ok, I dropped the aquamarine color and I changed something (not much).
Here the new look: http://lrssvt.ns0.it/img/splash_simple_new.png

> Do we keep the discussion here or should we rather move it to the bug
> tracker where it could be recorded together with all evolutionary
> steps of the design?

Yes, you're right, I started the topic for that reason !
I just added there the SVG version so everybody can work on it !

Thanks for your feedback!

Best Regards,

-SL

> Best wishes
> Anita
>

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2013 at 6:23 AM, Andre Joost <andre+joost at nurfuerspam.de>
> wrote:
> > Am 25.02.2013 22:34, schrieb Salvatore Larosa:
> >> Hi,
> >

> >> 2013/2/25 Marco
> >> Bernasocchi<marco-mKcFXjbjhoaovDFt+AQlJe1GAupnlqi7 at public.gmane.org>

> "sexyer"
> >>>
> >> Thanks, I done a new one with the old map suggested from Andre Joost !
> >> You can look at it here:
> http://lrssvt.ns0.it/img/splash_oldmap_shadow.png
> >>

> > Thanks for using my idea. I had the same intention, and accidentially
> > saw that you used a quiet new (openstreet)map of Essen already in your
> > first try ;-)
> >
> > For your new proposal, I would prefer to see the main text away from the
> > interesting parts of the picture, for example more to the bottom.
> >
> > Greetings,
> > André Joost

Salvatore Larosa
linkedIn: http://linkedin.com/in/larosasalvatore