[Qgis-developer] Print composer feature request

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Thu Feb 28 08:17:06 PST 2013

Hi All,
before creating a ticket, I would like to discuss a small new feature with
you.

Setting a map extent to current MapCanvas extent is not quite simple for
users that want to open a map composer, rezoom it and print. The question is
frequently asked to me.
 User has to select the map with the select tool first, then find the item
properties tab, then scroll to find the right button in the extent
collapsible group.

I'm wondering how we could have some kind of shortcut to 'Set to map canvas
extent' somewhere.
Could we imagine button in the toolbar next to select and navigate tool,
greyed out if no map object is selected? Any objection to that?

I was also thinking of starting to enable right clic contextual menu on
objects, but that would need to some more options.
régis