[Qgis-developer] new vector api select features

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 28 13:58:53 PST 2013

Hi Marco

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 9:57 AM, Marco Bernasocchi
<marco at bernawebdesign.ch> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 6, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Richard Duivenvoorde
> <rdmailings at duif.net> wrote:
>> THANKS! for this very thorough answer! I think it would be a pity to let
>> it
>> rest here in the dev-list, we should put it somewhere in he cookbook/wiki
>
> Hi Martin and Richard,
> I'm just teaching some plugin stuff and I remembered that somewhere in the
> dev list there was a super nice email by Marting explaining everythin, it
> took me about 10-15min to find it by skimming the archives.
>
> Would it be possible for either of you to temporarly put the link to it [0]
> in the cookbook (1.8) mentioning that if working with master that is the way
> to go? I think I'm not the only one developing for master.

Instead of a just a link it would be better to have the explanation
directly in the cookbook. For 2.x release we should start another
branch of the cookbook so that people will not get confused by many
"before 2.0" and "after 2.0" sections.

I should have done that already, but I am somehow late with these
updates of documentation :-/
(unfortunately I'm faster typing in c++ than in English)
At some point I will eventually update the cookbook, but now I am
mostly focused on code updates for 2.0. Anyway I would highly welcome
any activity by others to bring the cookbook up to date.

> I'd do it myself, but I never edited the cookbook, how to do it?

The cookbook is now located in the QGIS-Documentation repository:
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/tree/master/source/docs/pyqgis_developer_cookbook
It is in RST format for sphinx, like the rest of the documentation.

Cheers
Martin