[Qgis-developer] help. PyTables does not work in Qgis python plugin

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 02:09:18 PST 2013

Hi

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 7:36 AM, zhangliye <chinazhangly at 126.com> wrote:
> [...]
> Wroclaw\apps\qgis\python\plugins\UAV\UAV\data_table\uav_tables.py", line 3,
> in
>     from tables import *
>   File "C:/PROGRA~2/Quantum GIS Wroclaw/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\utils.py",
> line 283, in _import
>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
>   File "C:\PROGRA~2\Quantum GIS
> Wroclaw\apps\Python27\lib\site-packages\tables\__init__.py", line 69, in
>     from tables.utilsExtension import getPyTablesVersion, getHDF5Version
>   File "C:/PROGRA~2/Quantum GIS Wroclaw/apps/qgis/./python\qgis\utils.py",
> line 283, in _import
>     mod = _builtin_import(name, globals, locals, fromlist, level)
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The specified procedure could not be found.

This bug report [1] suggests there may be a conflicting HDF5 library
in your path. As far as I know, GDAL (loaded by QGIS) uses HDF
library, so that could be the reason. It would be good to check if the
error disappears if GDAL is compiled without HDF support.

[1] http://code.google.com/p/winpython/issues/detail?id=22

Martin