[Qgis-developer] Spatial queries plugin should ignore very small intersections

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Jan 5 14:12:33 PST 2013

Hi,

I am starting to use the "spatial query" plugin and came across a
problem where there are very small intersections I want to ignore.

As an example I am testing parcels and buildings for intersection.
However, the input data is not perfect and I get parcels selected where
there is only a very small intersection between an edge of a building
(e.g. less than a square meter). Therefore I get parcels selected that I
really don't want to be selected.

Could the plugin be extended so that only geometries will be selected
where there is a user-definable minimum intersection area (in case one
is tests polygons against polygons) or a minimum intersection length (in
case one is testing lines against polygons).

I may be able to fund work on it if someone is able to work on it.

Thanks,
Andreas