[Qgis-developer] Spatial queries plugin should ignore very small intersections

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Sun Jan 6 02:09:01 PST 2013

Hi Andreas,
+1 for me.
Tolerance threshold should be square units ( area) for polygon - polygons
intersects,  and simple units  (length) for line-polygon intersections.

Beyond that, I had in mind to fund a GUI and performance evolution of
spatial query tool. It is not very fast, and user interface is really hard
to understand for simple users. And it is the first feature I use to help
newcomers to understand GIS tools capacities.
It also often fails when using non shp formats, or having bad geometries. We
should couple this tool with a geometry cleaning tool, raising a list of
errors and automated corrections made. So means adding a clean option to
'check geometry' tool.

Régis