[Qgis-developer] Better options dialogs

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sat Jan 5 13:48:40 PST 2013

Hi,

See my reply inline.

>> Where do you get the list of properties from? Could tags and descriptive
>> text be added to these settings?
>
> Actually they are read from the settings file / registry by QSettings.
> So anything not in the user's setting does not show up.

ok

> Anything more complex such as you mention would require a csv or xml
> file with description and tags for each settings key.
> A csv file would be easier to write and maintain, but an xml file
> would be easier to parse I guess. Unless someone can point me to
> a handy xml editor or csv-to-xml tool.

Ok - we would also need multi-language titles and tags and it should be
easily translatable. Can we re-use some existing file for that purpose
and extend it with the tags for the fuzzy search?

> Another thing that would be nice would be the possible values that a
> setting can take, in a dictionnary (key=value pairs) style.
> (e.g. 0="value1";1="value2")

yes - it should also be possible to manually add/change settings that
one could read/write per python script.

Andreas