[Qgis-developer] Better options dialogs

Etienne Tourigny etourigny.dev at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 09:55:28 PST 2013

On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 3:20 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:
> Hi Etienne,
>
> This looks cool.
>
> It would be very nice if one could search within this tree editor - and
> if the settings could have a more descriptive text as well as well as
> alternative tags if one only knows the term a bit fuzzy.
>
> Do you think that a search and a "fuzzy search" could be added?

a search based on settings key could be done easily, for the rest see below.

> Where do you get the list of properties from? Could tags and descriptive
> text be added to these settings?

Actually they are read from the settings file / registry by QSettings.
So anything not in the user's setting does not show up.

Anything more complex such as you mention would require a csv or xml
file with description and tags for each settings key.
A csv file would be easier to write and maintain, but an xml file
would be easier to parse I guess. Unless someone can point me to
a handy xml editor or csv-to-xml tool.

Another thing that would be nice would be the possible values that a
setting can take, in a dictionnary (key=value pairs) style.
(e.g. 0="value1";1="value2")

Etienne