[Qgis-developer] Multiple Data Frames

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Sun Jan 6 02:01:31 PST 2013

Hi Benedict,
I really would like to have one day data frames too. It would really
simplify multimap composers and label tuning for paper dedicated maps.
In current state, user has to play with 'lock layer' option and switch from
mapcanvas to mapcomposer a lot of times to finalize a good map composer..
And when dealing with data defined labels, it is actually impossible to view
mapcanvas in paper units, so that moving labels by hand is a try-error game.
No fun, time consuming, never reaching a good result.

I have proposed it couple of times in mailing lists. I guess this is a heavy
change in API. It is a very good candidate for a new major version to me.
What do other thinks of it in a user point of view / dev complexity?
Régis