[Qgis-developer] Multiple Data Frames

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Jan 6 02:13:27 PST 2013

Hi Benedict,

As Giovanni said - an overview map element (which seems to be what you
describe) is already there in QGIS master - not in version 1.8.

Multiple views in one QGIS project would be very nice to have - I
wouldn't call it data frames - just because ESRI calls them data frames
- we should develop our own concepts.

However, it seems like it is not trivial to implement at all - it would
be a major undertaking as many pieces in the QGIS code would have to be
rewritten as they don't know how to deal with multiple views.

Andreas