[Qgis-developer] New MapTool(Rotate Features)

vinayan vinayan123 at gmail.com
Sun Jan 6 00:55:21 PST 2013

Hi all,

I have created a new MapTool(c++) for rotating multiple selected
features interactively using mouse
movement(https://github.com/qgis/Quantum-GIS/pull/376).

Normal Usage:
Select features on map.
Press mouse and drag to rotate about the selected features'
bounding-box's center.

Advanced Usage:

User can decide which point should be the anchor point to rotate about.
A cross appears on the center of bounding-box of selected features by
default. Hold "Control" key and move mouse(no pressing) to move this
cross to the desired anchor position. Release "Control" key to fix the
anchor. Now press and drag mouse to rotate about this new anchor.

A very special thanks to Nathan Woodrow for his support on irc channel.
I had really messed my branching/commits big time and his help was very
important.

Thanks
Vinayan