[Qgis-developer] Additional settings for Print Composer Map item Grid

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Sun Jan 6 23:23:20 PST 2013

 Hi Miro,

 Do you use the current master/trunk version? Your wish nr 2 is already
 implemented in the current master. For each side you can set if you want
 to label the grid or not and whether you want to label it horizontally
 or vertically.

 Your first wish isn't implemented yet, but I agree that it should not
 be very hard to implement. You can open a feature request ticket in
 hub.qgis.org - Marco Hugentobler is one of the maintainers of the print
 composer.

 Andreas

 On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 16:36:33 -0800 (PST), Miro wrote:
> I believe it should be not very hard to implement and very nice to
> have:
>
> 1. In Print Composer / Map item / Grid tab add option "Tick"
> - there are two options (Solid and Cross) which is great. But it
> would be
> great to have third option "tick" which would do only ticks on border
> -
> basically the Cross option but without crosses in the map
>
> 2. Option to have annotation to grid only on selected borders
> - probably adding 4 check boxes left, right, top, bottom
>
> (btw I am new here so I hope this is the right place for ideas like
> this
> one, please let me know if not and where I should write instead)

 Andreas Neumann
 Böschacherstrasse 10A
 8624 Grüt (Gossau ZH)
 Switzerland