[Qgis-developer] Attribute Editor: Dual View

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 03:53:45 PST 2013

On Wed, Jan 9, 2013 at 9:51 PM, Matthias Kuhn <matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch> wrote:

> We did not agree on a particular behavior in this case so far. My idea is,
> to open a dual view window as well (with a filter applied that matches only
> the current selection or a sorting, so the selection appears on top). Multi
> edit could then be easily based on this.

 I'm not sure that would work IMO.  If we have a large layer and it needs
to load everything before you get the form that would be bad.  I think it
would be best that the filter is really just a fake string but the forms is
pre-loaded with only the features you selected.  If the user changes the
filter at all then you can reload the table.

- Nathan