[Qgis-developer] gitosis @ hub.qgis.org key problem

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Sun Jan 13 01:03:12 PST 2013

Hi,

I've a new OS on my laptop, with a new ssh key

After updating a plugin I want to push to gitosis at qgis.org, but am being
asked for a password.

Nathan found http://hub.qgis.org/my/public_keys for me, and I deactived
my old key (because the site says you cannot alter or remove an old
key), and I tried to create a new key with my own identity/name
rduivenvoorde. This failed with a message like: you already have a key
with that id (which I cannot change though).

Then I created a new key with another title/id (my email) but still, if
I try to push I get being asked for a password:

gitosis at qgis.org's password:
Permission denied (publickey,password).

so apparently my active current key is not being used?

did somebody else already tried a second key? I get the idea that the
name of the key (= title in webpage) should actually be you identity...
But I cannot renew the key with 'rduivenvoorde'

Somebody can help me?

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde