[Qgis-developer] Exporting a raster layer

Victor Olaya volayaf at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 08:10:45 PST 2013

Hi all

I have just implemented a new mechanism in SEXTANTE to make handling
of file formats more clear and easy. Now, no matter what provider is
creating a vector layer, all formats supported by QGIS can be
selected, without requiring anything special added to the algorithm
provider. SEXTANTE takes care of converting if needed.

I want to implement the same thing for raster layers, but I do not
know how to export a raster layer into a given format (except by
calling GDAL translate), and I need it for that.. Can any one give me
an idea or point me to some code to do that?

Thanks in advance!

Victor