[Qgis-developer] Mac OS X 10.6, master version, sextante problem and solution (Python 2.6.x)

Larry Shaffer larrys at dakotacarto.com
Sun Jan 13 10:52:53 PST 2013

Hi Gene,

On Sun, Jan 13, 2013 at 1:09 AM, gene <martin.laloux at gmail.com> wrote:

> I had a problem with the sextante module in the last master version of
> http://qgis.dakotacarto.com/ <http://qgis.dakotacarto.com/>  .  The Python
> module *importlib* is not present in a version of Python prior to 2.7
>
> The solution ?
> Install   importlib <http://pypi.python.org/pypi/importlib/>  , which is a
> backport of the importlib.import_module() from Python 2.7

Thanks for looking into this. I checked out the backported module and it is
quite simple. I should be able to add it to the bundled QGIS master version
for Snow Leopard (via the nightly build script, after the app is built, not
as part of the CMake build setup).

I should have time to do that on Monday morning. Once part of the bundled
app, I'll test it locally, but would appreciate if you can test it as well.
I'll post to the list again when it is ready.

That module could (should?) be added directly to the SEXTANTE plugin, since
it is Python 2.6 related, and not specific to Mac OS X 10.6. Could you
draft an issue on the tracker for its inclusion in SEXTANTE? (I have
directly Cc'd victor and alex on this as well.)

Regards,

Larry