[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Re: WG: "Rectangles ovals digitizing" plugin is broken in QGIS 1.9

vinayan vinayan123 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 19:04:01 PST 2013

Dear All,

Today I got a mail from one of our users mentioning that the plugin
"Rectangles ovals digitizing" is broken. He first contacted the plugin
author and it seems he is not currently supporting it. I made the
changes so that the plugin works now. How can we can update the same fix
in the contributed plugins repository? Is it hosted on github where a
pull request can be issued? I am sure quite a few people would be using it.

Anyway, the fix is quite simple. Just a line in the canvasmove event for
all methods(except rotategeometry) in rectovaldigittools.py

Like this..

#[self.rb.addPoint( point ) for point in polygon]
  self.rb.setToGeometry(QgsGeometry.fromPolygon([polygon]), None)

Thanks
Vinayan