[Qgis-developer] Fwd: Re: WG: "Rectangles ovals digitizing" plugin is broken in QGIS 1.9

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Tue Jan 22 00:30:24 PST 2013

Il 22/01/2013 04:04, vinayan ha scritto:

> Today I got a mail from one of our users mentioning that the plugin
> "Rectangles ovals digitizing" is broken. He first contacted the plugin
> author and it seems he is not currently supporting it. I made the
> changes so that the plugin works now. How can we can update the same
> fix in the contributed plugins repository? Is it hosted on github
> where a pull request can be issued? I am sure quite a few people would
> be using it.

Hi Vinayan,
thanks for the fix. This raises up once more the old standing issue of
how to cooperate in plugin development. This is currently less smooth
than in core, and IMHO more difficult than it should be.
In this case, the plugin has not been migrated to the new repo, so I
suggest you to ask the author if he agrees, and migrate it yourself,
adding the fix. This would be much appreciated by many authors.
All the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu