[Qgis-developer] Problems using QgsGeometryAnalyzer.simplify() on Mac OS?

Chris B snowstorms at mac.com
Wed Jan 23 21:37:52 PST 2013

Hmm possibly.

I went back into the GUI/console and tried ogr as the importer, and it did
appear to work:

>>> vlayer =
>>> QgsVectorLayer("/Users/cbarnes/wkt2/kml/ny-08.kml","ny08","ogr")
>>> vlayer.isValid()
True
>>> QgsGeometryAnalyzer().simplify(vlayer,"test_ny",0.005,False)
True

Sure enough, I got a simplified layer that I could open through the GUI.

Looking at what I saw on the web, my guess is I need to correct one of these
two items:

1. Ensure the correct prefix path:  I was under the impression it was
supposed to be

QgsApplication.setPrefixPath("/Applications/Qgis.app/Contents/MacOS/QGIS",True)

but if this is what sets up the plugin folder, it might be incorrect because
in my install that folder is actually located at:

/Applications/QGIS.app/Contents/PlugIns

2. Do I need LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

I think your current assumption is correct - if you know that either one of
these are the problem I can probably get this working.  Thanks again for
your help!