[Qgis-developer] OpenLayers plugin release and Python API breaks

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu Jan 24 04:40:48 PST 2013

On Thu, Jan 24, 2013 at 1:32 PM, Alexander Bruy
<alexander.bruy at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Pirmin,
>
> as I can see in API docs (using your link) there is a note:
>
> Note:
>     This method is deprecated since QGIS 1.8, you should use
> addMapLayers rather.

A bit off-topic, but I find it weird that addMapLayer() method has
been marked as deprecated: even if now we have the possibility to
specify more layers at once, it is always good to have a convenience
call that accepts just one layer (as that's what most users will do).

Martin