[Qgis-developer] How to apply intersection of layers in Python plugin script

jsos jack at schoenj.demon.nl
Thu Jan 24 13:19:32 PST 2013

I would like to run the Geoprocessing script for intersecting GIS layers
(shape files) from within a python plugin.
In the Quantum GIS API documentation I found this definition:

bool QgsOverlayAnalyzer::intersection  ( QgsVectorLayer *  layerA,
  QgsVectorLayer *  layerB,
  const QString &  shapefileName,
  bool  onlySelectedFeatures = false,
  QProgressDialog *  p = 0
 )

How to translate this to the script ? I'm able to select an output
shapefileName. How to grab the input files from the map and is the result
added to the MapCanvas ?

Thanx.

Jack Schoenmakers