[Qgis-developer] Further improvements of the atlas serial printing

Régis Haubourg regis.haubourg at eau-adour-garonne.fr
Fri Jan 25 09:17:42 PST 2013

Hi Andreas,
thanks for sharing.
I am interested in your funding request for mapscales , but it's not top
priority. Let's ask Oslandia, anf if shared costs are affordable, I'm OK!

 I was on the way to fund some other features missing:
A - options to highlight coverage feature in maps + styling settings for
that feature.
 sub options:
  1. use geometry
  2. generate mask from geometry (a polygon with a hole).
  3. apply buffer to geometry / mask
-
B - option to use coverage real geometry in overview maps (it currently
shows only bbox)

C-  We would like to discuss the possible ways to activate labels only
inside coverage layer or coverage layer + buffer. This is larger than Atlas,
and need some concertation with core dev's. Ideally, I would like to be able
also to draw some layer on top of labels, so that a mask layer can mask with
some transparency data & labels outside of the Area of Interest. I would
also like to activate such a feature in main map canvas, outside of Atlas
use case.
 Anyone interested in sharing this?

Cheers,
Régis