[Qgis-developer] new_vector_api merged

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 00:10:55 PST 2013

Hi Borys

On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:31 PM, Borys Jurgiel <info at borysjurgiel.pl> wrote:
> Big thanks for all that job!
>
> Is there any short document for plugin authors, describing which methods
> should be replaced? The [1] doesn't contain any word about select(),
> nextFeature() nor featureAtId() yet. I remember you post some information last
> weeks.
>
> [1] http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/API_changes_for_version_20

No, I haven't updated the API wiki page yet.

Right now select(), nextFeature() and featureAtId() are still present
because there are lots of calls to these methods in QGIS code. I have
set them as deprecated, so they issue warning during compilation. I
will remove them once we have migrated to new API completely.

Martin