[Qgis-developer] Code maintainers

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Jan 30 01:47:32 PST 2013

Il 30/01/2013 09:20, Marco Hugentobler ha scritto:

> But are you removing the whole Project_Organigram page
> (http://hub.qgis.org/wiki/quantum-gis/Project_Organigram) and list all
> the persons in the organiram in the contributors page of the about
> dialog then?

I believe we agreed to move this kind of info to
https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation

> Btw., the about box can also outdate. It is very unlikely that
> contributors who are not active anymore remove their name from the
> about box as a last commit...

right - keeping the same info in two places can only aggravate the problem.
however, keeping no longer active devs is not bad IMHO, as their code is
mostly still alive on master.

> We don't need to (unless the financial department brings in 3 Mio. $ /
> year :-) ). It is already a huge gain for the project if there are
> some maintained parts. Even if a maintainers page cannot reflect
> reality perfectly (but nothing can do that), it motivates people to
> keep code parts up-to-date (e.g. with recent API changes).

right - could we perhaps add this info to the About box, e.g.

Chuck Norris, general overview of the project and spaceship interface

> The wiki cleanup is much appreciated from my side. Just I vote for
> keeping the organigram page (including maintainers section).

agreed to keep it - the issue is where.
other possibility: could we add a link to each developer's github commits?

all the best.

--
Paolo Cavallini - Faunalia
www.faunalia.eu