[Qgis-developer] Error connecting QGIS 1.9.0 to Ortho Refresh WCS

Radim Blazek radim.blazek at gmail.com
Wed Jan 30 23:19:14 PST 2013

The problem is server side. I have already done what was acceptable
(already a bit over reasonable limit) in QGIS. We cannot mess up QGIS
code with "if server = cubewerx.com" workarounds. If they are not
willing to fix the server, you can make a server mirror with
additional extent check. The following CGI script works smoothly for
me:

#!/usr/bin/python
import os, sys, cgi, urllib2 as urllib
form = cgi.FieldStorage()
if form.getvalue("REQUEST") == "GetCoverage":
  (xmin, ymin, xmax, ymax) = map( float, form.getvalue("BBOX").split(",") )
  thresh = 0.1 if form.getvalue("CRS") == "EPSG:4326" else 10000
  if xmax-xmin > thresh or ymax-ymin > thresh:
    print "Content-type: text/xml"
    print ""
    print """<?xml version='1.0' encoding="ISO-8859-1" ?>
              <ServiceExceptionReport>
              <ServiceException>Too large extent</ServiceException>
              </ServiceExceptionReport>"""
    sys.exit(0)
url = "http://nis.cubewerx.com/cubewerx/cubeserv.cgi?" +
os.environ["QUERY_STRING"]
page =  urllib.urlopen( url )
print "Content-type: %s " % page.info().gettype()
print ""
print(page.read())

just put it as cubewerx-mirror into apache cgi-bin directory and you
can access the WCS with URL
http://your.server.com/cgi-bin/cubewerx-mirror?CONFIG=OIM_Ortho_Refresh_2010&DATASTORE=OIM_Ortho_Refresh_2010_store
Don't forget to check "Ignore GetCoverage URI reported in capabilities".
If you are behind firewall you have to place it on a server outside or
you have to modify the script to go through the proxy (no idea how).

Radim