[Qgis-developer] [Qgis-user] Synergy of QGIS Enterprise and

Nathan Woodrow madmanwoo at gmail.com
Mon Jul 1 05:20:28 PDT 2013

Releasing the source code to the public isn't a requirement of the GPL
http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-faq.html#GPLRequireSourcePostedPublic

However once you give the source code to someone they can post it, so
basically they can make it public for you.

Normally companies do release the source code publicly because it is easier
to control that way and centralize things.

- Nathan