[Qgis-developer] CyberTracker integration

Justin Steventon justin at steventon.com
Sat Jul 6 23:07:25 PDT 2013

That’s true, I missed the concept of a form in the description on the site.

My interest is in a rich, user friendly data capture experience, especially
for cases where the field user is not a QGIS user and may not be able to
read or write. Our studies indicate that this is also a more efficient way
to capture data for literate users. Over the years we’ve rolled our own
mini-GIS for the desktop, but the scalability of this approach is clearly
limited. Since we’re a non-profit and in the process of opening our code, it
makes sense to leverage an existing system. Of the solutions I have
investigated, QGIS seems most aligned at the technical level.

We do bring some interesting work to the table. Our client supports Windows
Mobile and Android and has a large library of customizable UI components
which can capture many different data types, including images and sound.
There is also support for timer tracks and a field map.

I’m pretty new to the Open Source community, so apologies if this is off.
I’m probably going about this all wrong.

Cheers,

-Justin