[Qgis-developer] map rendering time much longer on windows than on ubuntu

Matthias Kuhn matthias.kuhn at gmx.ch
Tue Jul 9 05:53:06 PDT 2013

Apart from a dozen things influencing the rendering speed on a
particular machine mostly related to the datasource (e.g. network/disk
speed...), the binary itself can also be optimized by not including the
debug symbols.

But to be accurate, one would need to do a more in-depth profiling of
the problem...

-- Matthias