[Qgis-developer] map rendering time much longer on windows than on ubuntu

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Jul 9 06:47:14 PDT 2013

Hi,

Another difference, besides debug vs. no-debug, may be the qt version.
The QGIS installers for Windows still use qt version 4.7, while most
modern Linux distributions use version 4.8. Version 4.8 may have some
performance improvements?

Maybe that explains some of the difference.

Just a wild guess,
Andreas